Persistence pays off, I think

Sketch
Study














Jimmy Cliff's song 'you can get it if you really want' plays over and over in my mind when I think of my art. He insists that 'you must try, try and try...you ll succeed at last'. I hope he is right because I am looking forward to all this hard work paying off. He however doesn't say how long it will take to succeed and I get impatient sometimes or feel like giving up. Every morning though I renew my resolve to persist until I get what I am looking for. When I meditate however I realize that true joy is in the trying and the hard work. I must enjoy the journey and not just the destination. So I will happily (not always though) forge ahead and the rewards will be all the sweeter. And this blog will be the record of the (mis)steps I went through to reach the heights.